3.10.13

garment house knitting patterns


it's been quiet on here over the last couple weeks, but i've been hard at work!  my days have been full of making list after list, going through stacks of notebooks filled with my knitted designs, test knitting until my fingers are about to fall off, taking photos in hurricane-speed winds, retaking photos, editing photos, changing layouts, and trying hard to wrap up this first set of garment house knitting patterns for release! i'm getting close. some of the bumps that have come up along the way have been really challenging and tough, but i'm thankful to just keep pushing through, learning as i go.  it keeps me from freaking out about how nervous i am to actually share my patterns with everyone!  i've heard some horror stories and even had some discouraging experiences already, but i've also heard some really encouraging things too.  i hope the good outweighs the bad, and all this hard work will be worth it.

but good news!  to test this [new to me] process of downloadable patterns, i've brushed off my water bottle cover pattern, revised it, and am now offering it as a PDF for sale in my garment house shop. i've changed a couple things about the pattern for the better, but as always, make sure to let me know if you find any errors.

i don't know about you, but we're in full-blown hot water bottle season in our home!  it has been snowing all day, and thankfully i have a bunch of newly test knit covers to make sure there's one for every bed in the house.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations Elly. It's nice to see more of your work. I've long admired your style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elly! I love seeing your knit projects and I'm thrilled that you're offering downloadable patterns! I was wondering if you had any plans on releasing a pattern of the knit placemats you've made (the garter ones featured in your post from February last year). I've always admired them (and well, everything else you've knit). Thanks! And congrats on the shop and the baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carollauren! Thank you, I am so thrilled too! The placemats I knit a while back were from a dishcloth pattern I found online. It's not my pattern, although I did cast on a bigger number of stitches to make it a placemat size (wish I could remember just how much, but a knitting a gauge swatch will help you). I think it was something like this: http://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/clothpinwheel.htm

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for the info. I'll definitely be knitting a few of those soon, and a water bottle cover if it ever gets below 80 degrees here;) Thanks again!

      Delete
  3. Hi, Nice effort and good post it is!! as We also offers a wide array of fashionable clothing for men, women, kids etc. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete